It’s time for another guest post by long-time Zoomcar member Shrinidhi Hande. Thanks once again to Shrinidhi for helping us build up this community! Check out his blog at www.enidhi.net
Dont have all day to travel? Got just a few hours? Here are 10 destinations super close to Bangalore, which you can explore in under 4 hours. Leave very early in the morning, beat all the traffic, reach these destinations by sunrise time, spend an hour or so and be back in city by breakfast time and then ready to go to work! Sounds cool? Read on.
1. Big Banyan Tree & Manchanabale Dam: Off Mysore road and about 30 kms from heart of Bangalore city, Big Banyan tree (Dodda Alada Mara in Kannada) is a gigantic 400 years old banyan tree covering 3 acres of land. Few kms further is the Manchanabele dam, offering scenic views.
2. Kanva Dam: Again on Mysore road after Ramnagara, Kanva Dam is a small reservoir where you can drive your car close to the water, enjoy the scenic sunrise and come back. Kanva reservoir is about 62 kms from Bangalore city.
3. Bilikal Rangaswamy Betta: some 15kms from Kanakapura and 75 kms from Bengaluru, Bilikal Rangaswamy betta makes a good four wheel drive uphill, to enjoy scenic views and thick fog if youre lucky. Hilltop also has a small temple and few giant rocks. Be sure to take an SUV and not a small car/sedan.
4. Nandi Hills: Just about 60kms from Bangalore, Nandi hills needs no introduction. Go there on weekday when crowd will be very less. Be sure to stop by at Tippu Sultan Guest house, located near the entrance of the hill.
5. Turahalli Forest Viewpoint: – Small viewpoint off Kanakapura road. More details in this post.
6. Devarayana Durga: Just before Tumkur, DRD is a good hangout place.
7. Sunrise at Hebbal Lake: Hebbal lake, on the northern periphery of the city is worth spending few hours in the morning, listening to the chirping sounds of birds and enjoying the sunrise.
8. Pearl Valley: Also known as Muthyalamaduvu, is worth a visit during monsoons for its deep valley and water stream. It is about 40kms from Bangalore city, near Anekal.
9. Pyramid valley: located off Kanakapura road, offers good place to meditate and refresh your mind and soul.