As a host on a car marketplace platform, you know that providing accurate and up-to-date information about your car is crucial for creating a positive experience for your guests. One important piece of information that hosts sometimes overlook is the parking location for their car listing. In this blog post, we’ll explore why updating your car’s parking location can make a big difference, and how you can ensure that your guests have a smooth and stress-free experience. We have also mentioned a few pro tips for you and steps to update the listing location.
Why Updating Your Parking Location Matters
- Hosts who provide accurate parking location information are more likely to receive positive ratings and reviews. In fact, hosts with accurate parking location information receive an average rating of 4.7 out of 5, while hosts with inaccurate parking location information receive an average rating of just 3.5 out of 5.
- High ratings can lead to increased earnings. According to the data, hosts with an average rating of 4.7 or higher earn up to 40% more than hosts with lower ratings, while hosts with an average rating of 3.5 or lower receive 20% less bookings than hosts with higher ratings.
How to Update Your Parking Location
Updating your parking location is simple and can be done in just a few easy steps:
Click on the ‘My Account’ option on the bottom right side of the homepage.
Click on ‘Listing Location Details’
Click on ‘Add Listing Location’
You will get redirected to a map. Drop the pin on the exact parking location of your car. Click on ‘Save & Proceed’ to save your location details. For accurate location mapping, be present at your car location while adding the listing location on the app.
Fill in all the necessary details of your listing location. Update the ‘Last Mile Direction’ accurately. Accurate last mile directions are critical for guests to find the car without confusion or delay, and for hosts to receive positive ratings and reviews.
By taking a few minutes to double-check your listing and making sure the parking location is up-to-date, you can help your guests find your car easily and avoid any unnecessary stress or delays. By helping guests find your car easily and without hassle, you can improve their experience and earn positive ratings and reviews.
Here’s a pro tip for making it easier for guest to find your car :
- Update the ‘Last Mile Direction’ accurately. We understand that some locations are better explained through words, not through maps. That’s why we’ve made sure that you can also add a descriptive direction instruction for the Guests so they can easily get to your vehicle without hassle.
If your vehicle is parked on street parking:
My car is parked on the street just around the corner from the coffee shop. When you exit the coffee shop, take a right and walk straight for about 50 meters until you reach the crosswalk. Cross the street and take a left, then walk another 20 meters until you see a blue hatchback parked on the right-hand side of the street. That’s my car!
If your vehicle is parked inside an apartment:
Kindly search for ‘Oasis Society,Domlur’ on google maps. When you enter the garage, turn left and then take the second right turn. My car is the red sedan parked in spot number 23, which is on the left side of the lane. You’ll see a big yellow pillar nearby. Walk towards it and then take a right, and you should see my car.
- Select the correct listing location on the map when you are in front of the vehicle parking spot. The correct listing location on map with a description of the parking location will be highly helpful for Guests, leading to a smooth & friction less booking experience. Pinch in to zoom on the map to select a more accurate location.
- Coming soon: Update Welcome message for your guest !Updating your welcome message with accurate last mile directions is crucial for ensuring your guests have a positive experience finding your car and starting their trip on the right foot.