Almost everyone looks forward to some freedom from the daily drudge. If you are in Pune, then this is the perfect time to take your car and enjoy the trip of a lifetime.
Here are some great ideas for the monsoon trip that you can plan over the weekend:
- Malshej-Ghat: Get in tune with nature at the majestic Malshej Ghats. Just 118 kms from Pune, Malshej Ghat has loads to offer to those seeking some peace and quiet from city life. Famous for its rugged forest-capped mountains, criss-crossing rivers, and verdant waterfalls, these misty mountains also offer a rich dose of history and wildlife. A must do for trekkers, nature lovers and photographers; Malshej Ghat is our top pick as a monsoon weekend retreat.
- Lavasa: Just about an hour and a halfs drive away from Pune, lies the sparkling new township of Lavasa. Situated amidst a lakeshore on one side and the Sahyadris on another, newly developed Lavasa is the perfect combination of nature and modern life. You can trek into the mountains or go fishing during the day, and hang out at a nightclub in the evening. With its lakeside promenade, spa facilities and eating out joints, Lavasa is great as a romantic escapade to explore with your partner. With rolling hills and rampant waterfalls on the way, this is one getaway where the journey is going to be as good as the destination.
- Mulshi Lake: Just 45 km away from Pune, Mulshi Lake can easily be done in a day. However, this destination makes it to No.3 on our weekend getaways list because the beauty and serenity of Mulshi Lake needs to be soaked in and relished over a night stay and some more. With the monsoons in full swing, the sounds of small waterfalls and brooks from the mountains will follow you wherever you go. An awesome place for nature enthusiasts and trek lovers, Mulshi Lake is the place to go to if you are looking forward to a refreshing and rejuvenating weekend.
- Kolad: If kayaking, river rafting and camping are what you are looking for, then Kolad is the destination for you. Kolad is around 114 km away from Pune, and you really cannot call yourself a Pune adventure aficionado till you have done Kolad. Apart from awesome jungle resorts and lush monsoon waterfalls, Kolad has a lot to offer to the adventure traveler in the form of trekking, rafting, jungle camping, kayaking, rappelling and parasailing.
If you don’t own a car or don’t want to take your own car, then you can rent one from Zoomcar for your trip for the weekend at highly affordable rates. We have several options for you to consider:
Hatchbacks: Take our Ford Figo ZXI for flexibility in your travels. The Figo is a great option for a couple or a small family.
SUVs: If you are going with a big group, take a pick from our Scorpios or Ecosports. Travel in style while all your seating needs are taken care of. No need to worry about cramped rides and leg space, our SUVs have room for all.
All Zoom cars come with the following:
– All-inclusive tariff which includes fuel, comprehensive insurance and taxes.
– A 3G enabled tablet, which makes navigation a breeze.
Plan a heavenly escape this monsoon and watch the rains transforming the Western Ghats into a dreamy landscape full of gushing waterfalls and misty clouds.